Call for Interest Session Applications – CASMEC 2018
Application for Interest Session at 2018 California All-State Music Education Conference in San Jose
Application Deadline: May 5, 2017
California ACDA is issuing an open call for session proposals for the 2018 CASMEC, February 15-17 in San Jose. We are seeking sessions that are dynamic and interactive. These sessions should provide conference attendees with tools and techniques they can use immediately in their choral rehearsals. We encourage you to brainstorm proposals that will highlight successes you wish to share with colleagues in engaging sessions.
- Have you created an original approach to choral pedagogy or to improving rehearsal techniques?
- Do you have insight as a director of both choral and instrumental ensembles to reach higher levels of musical achievement?
- Have you discovered a method to work more successfully with changing voices?
- Do you have technology solutions for various pedagogical or administrative issues?
- Do you offer a fresh look at choir administration, leadership, recruitment, community outreach, or social media?
If you are a member of ACDA, you are welcome to submit a proposal. It is understood that ACDA will not assume financial responsibility for travel, food, lodging for presenters or interest session participants. This application implies that the presenter and participants are prepared to travel and perform at the 2018 CASMEC in San Jose if accepted.
IMPORTANT: We suggest that you first develop your submission proposal in Word and then copy/paste the information into the appropriate sections in the online form. The online form does not have spell check capability, so editing your information in advance will ensure greater accuracy. Please submit no more than two proposals.